Meet The Coltons

Life As We Know It

Thursday, June 20, 2013

run.

For anyone who cares, as far as I am concerned "runners high" doesn't exist and I swallowed more bugs than I care to admit last night.

Sorry if this is TMI but I am almost done breast feeding and I promised myself that I would at least attempt to get into running when that season of life ends. Last night was my first run. I would consider myself to be pretty active and it is very important to me, but as a working mom, one thing I'm not willing to give up is time with my family. So I have to find a way to fit it in without disrupting that quality time. So far, I've done at home videos (Jillian Michaels) during Maddie's naps on my days off or at night when Brenton has any work to do. We've also been getting into family bike rides this summer. I do miss being able to go anytime I feel like it, but I am learning to find ways to fit it in the schedule. I know what you're thinking. Get a jogging stroller. Been there, done that and I am not jogging with any stroller. That is way harder and I am having enough trouble running ALONE.
Anyway, the first chance I got to run last night was at 9 pm. I have to say, it wasn't pretty (especially the part when I nearly ran right right a low branch with my face) but it was beautiful out and night time runs might end up being a favorite. If I can get past the side aches and gasping for air. Any advice is gladly welcome as I reintroduce this humbling activity into my schedule with bittersweet feelings.


0 comments:

Post a Comment