Meet The Coltons

Life As We Know It

Saturday, April 6, 2013

what kind of couple will you be?

Lately, I have been spending some extra time making sure I have my priorities in order. I started noticing that I became, naturally, drawn to baby everything. And it's great to love your babies, but God has used many other lovelies in my life to encourage me as I sought to find balance again. By God's grace I am finally feeling settled. There is nothing better than being intentional with your time, realizing that the only reason you woke up this morning is because GOD gave you another day. At least for now, I have learned to set aside specific times for Brenton and for Madeline, for friends and family, and for my own hobbies, interests, exercise, etc...  I am certain there are ups and downs from here on out, but right now, I can only see ups and for that, I am thankful.

A conversation Brenton and I have been having a lot lately is as follows, "What kind of couple will we be?" I share this with you, because it has been really neat for our marriage to dream up all kinds of things we want for our future. We've talked about dream jobs, possibly going into the missions field for a short time, having more kids, vacations, hobbies that we can't afford now but hopefully some day, short term and long term goals, etc.. Some things serious, some things lighthearted. We've also talked about coming up with a family mission statement. Something we as a family are working towards or striving to be. And when we decide on what that will be, I will find some sort of Pinterest craft to make it into and it will be hung/painted/written somewhere in our home.

So couples, this one's for you. Take your best friend, go out for coffee/tea/hot chocolate or whatever, and talk about what kind of couple you will be!

1 comments:

  1. this is a good reminder for us "oldies"
    I am going to take my lovely out for coffee and talk about what kind of couple we will be in this next stage.

    ReplyDelete