Meet The Coltons

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

a new discovery.

Here we are, on day 4 of clean eating. I miss chocolate. I have been trying to come up with some way to get it while still obeying the "foods to include list" Unsweetened cocoa powder is acceptable, and so is raw chocolate (no dairy, no sugar). We discovered a fun little natural foods store in Neenah called The Red Radish. But they were sold out of raw chocolate. I don't even know what it tastes like, but I know I want it.
I managed to come up with a delicious shake, but it involves one cheat... Bananas. (I figured if I'm going to eat something I'm not supposed to, a banana is probably not the worst choice. Right??)
So here you have it:
1/2 cup of organic rice milk
4-5 ice cubes
1 banana
3 spoons of almond butter
2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
Stevia, to taste

i have a feeling that almond butter and I are going to be spending a lot more time together. I had never had it before! I mean, its no peanut butter, but it works! Unfortunately, I could only find one kind and its about 3 times more expensive than a jar of peanut butter and half the size...
Good thing this is only for 3 weeks, right Brenton? ;)

Unfortunately I have no before, during, or after pictures. I drank it pretty fast I guess.

In other news, this is what a really good daddy looks like:


0 comments:

Post a Comment