Meet The Coltons

Life As We Know It

Thursday, August 16, 2012

children's book.

Believe it or not, I have developed an interest in various baby items - things they need and things that just make our lives a little easier. Example: the swing that takes up the majority of our apartment. But a some days a happy baby is priceless and I can deal with half the living space - you know?

One of my favorites are the children's books and I cannot wait to read to Maddie. In fact, even though she has no appreciation for the words, I have read to her a few times already - she does look at the pictures, which is good enough for me. So today, I started reading this one - the newest addition to her growing library. This book is a simplified version of God's word, designed for little ears (but maybe bigger than Madeline's ears).




"Now, some people think the Bible is a book of rules, telling you what you should and shouldn't do. The Bible certainly does have some rules in it. They show you how life works best. But the Bible isn't mainly about you and what you should be doing. It's about God and what he has done."

Bam. And God uses a children's book to pull me out of my selfish mindset, reminding me that I exist only to glorify Him. It's so simple, but I forget every single day. Today, this book was not meant for Maddie's ears, but for mine. And I am looking forward to good conversations with my daughter someday, but not today as she has fallen asleep to my apparently boring voice...




0 comments:

Post a Comment