Meet The Coltons

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

a little rush of adrenaline from the doctor to get my life ready for a newborn.

Hey all,
I hope your summer has been treating you wonderfully and that you're already super tan, which I am not because the heat really does a number on my body.  At 37 almost 38 weeks pregnant, I'm just thankful for air conditioning and for a husband who's not too cheap to let me use it on my days off  ;)  I just can't wait to enjoy sweet summertime with our little one when she arrives... which will apparently be a little sooner than we thought! At my last appointment (wednesday, june 20), I learned that I have progressed to 2.5 cm and 100% effaced and after I almost kicked the doctor in the face for a painful exam, she said the words. any day. And here we are, 5 days later, and the next thing I have to look forward to is an embarrassing water breaking experience at the grocery store. Or maybe not, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. Honestly, the anticipation is so great. I love that just waiting around until baby C decides she's ready to make an appearance. :)

I'm one of those lucky ones who have had an easy breezy pregnancy almost the whole time, but I'd be lying if I told you I was feeling wonderful lately... in other words: Mama wants baby out. That said, tomorrow officially starts my maternity leave... I am placing a bet that baby will be born sometime this week.
I took at few instagram pics of the nursery to share with you! Oh, our other news is that we're renting a house for two years, and we're moving in September so I'm saving my very best attempt at nursery decorating for that glorious day, so here is the temporary one!

1 comments:

  1. 1. SO CUTE.
    2. love that bag!
    3. i will place a $1 bet that brenton arranged those ducks in the crib so perfectly
    4. i hope she comes soon!

    ReplyDelete