Meet The Coltons

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

humility vs. pride.

In our class on Sunday, we read through these quotes and the content has been on my heart since.  God has been revealing my pride to me in a number of different ways lately, so I wanted to share these with you today:


"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves."
-D. L. Moody

"Most of the trouble in the world is caused by people wanting to be important."
-T.S. Elliot

"Pride is a spiritual cancer; it eats the very possibility of love or contentment, or even common sense."
-C. S. Lewis

"Pride is the ground in which all other sins grow, and the parent from which all other sins come."
-William Barclay

"Self complacency and spiritual pride are always the beginning of degeneration. When I begin to be satisfied with where I am spiritually, I begin to degenerate."
-Oswald Chambers

So what do you think? Which one stands out to you more than the others? Can you identify with any of these?
 
----> 1 Peter 5:5-7 "...clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble. Humble yourselves therefore under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you."

0 comments:

Post a Comment